Tuesday, February 11, 2014

CNN reports the CBO report correctly??? Wow!!!

On the CBO report on Obamacare...

CNN:The estimated reduction (in "jobs") stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in businesses’ demand for labor, so it will appear almost entirely as a reduction in labor force participation and in hours worked relative to what would have occurred otherwise rather than as an increase in unemployment (that is, more workers seeking but not finding jobs) or underemploy­ment (such as part-time workers who would prefer to work more hours per week).
  I have been saying this for a while and I think I am correct. Logically, the ACA is doing exactly what we wanted it to. It is making the marketplace more efficient. If people are holding on to their jobs PURELY because of a need for insurance to defend against the artificially high cost of healthcare, then they are sucking up jobs they neither want nor need (income-wise).. jobs other people out of work DO want and need. So the truth, to me, appears to be the opposite, not just as CNN reports as neutral but a positive for our economy. I am so surprised to see so many editorial cartoons and articles portraying a GOP talking point that is so obviously wrong. Call me naive. Or wrong, but I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment