Friday, May 8, 2015

The Measure of the Cut

The measure of the cut of the tomato depends on its intended culinary usage.

The measure of a man is in small things that define a previously sculpted character.

I spend my last days giving away credit for my ideas and the things I do. I give the credit to others to help with their lives, to make them feel better, and darn it to make them like me (actually to make me like me.) However, when those things are snatched which I would have otherwise freely and selflessly given... it is a reflection on that particular wielder of the paring knife. The peels are away and the true tomato is shown with all its seeds and slimy stuff which in truth I love except when a clump falls on my shirt.

Join us next time for:

I would give the shirt off my back for a really nice tomato sandwich.

Or,
If there be any truer measure of a man than by what he does, it must be by what he gives.*


 *proper credit to Robert South
                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment