Saturday, July 21, 2012

Real World Dark Knight

Day of mixed feelings. I just assume gun violence as a cultural problem we will never shed. I usually pay just a little attention to the tragedies that I assume will occur on a constant basis. Yes it is gun laws, but it is also very cultural. Yet today, it just seemed so much more heart rending. It reminded me of Mark David Chapman's moment of fame and one of the worst days of my life. To an old man it is terrifying what people find entertaining at the movies and in video games. What was so awful to me today was the description of a very good eyewitness of how long it took people to realize the moment was a real world event and not just a part of a show. We need to change the culture and what we fill our days with.

No comments:

Post a Comment