Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Economics Books Ready to Go

Very good day today. I'm not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I never seem to finish a book before I find another to read. I was trying to finish just the first book of the "Dexter" series along with a lengthy history of politics. I think I just want to change tracks again and read Michael Lewis' new book on high frequency trading. Michael Lewis wrote The Big Short which still stands alone as the most accessible book written on the Bush economic collapse. His new book Flash Boys is about high frequency trading, which is a subject I have often used as the example that the stock market rich people money games continue as if nothing had happened. Economics, after all, still beats politics in my book as to importance for some reason. If you get a full view of a part, you can see the workings of the whole.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-30/high-frequency-traders-ripping-off-investors-michael-lewis-says.html

At the same time I really want to read Capital in the Twenty-first Century by Thomas Piketty about income inequality.

http://theweek.com/article/index/258666/why-everyone-is-talking-about-thomas-pikettys-capital-in-the-twenty-first-century

A book by Michael and a book by Thomas (my middle name). I have them loaded on my kindle so what am I sticking around here writing for?!!

[edit: Both are great but if you do not read "Flash Boys" you really have not gotten the full gist of our period of time in history. It is a perfect example of what IS Wall Street.]

No comments:

Post a Comment