Friday, August 19, 2011

To Go Where No Man Has Read Before

Torpedo Sandwich of Truth has yet another 10 year mission. Like the U.S. space program, the Torpedo keeps changing and evolving to suit the needs of the public. The public is you and me, though I'm sure there aren't many, if any, of the "you" part of that. But just between you and me, or maybe, me and me, this now becomes the true blog.

The reasons for this are many. For one thing, I'm not comfortable with social networking. Facebook is interesting but it blows my mind about how shallow the world is. That being said, I don't want to go bowling alone. As I syndicated my 2 other blogs to Facebook to allow others to actually read them now and then, I found the same old creepy feelings coming back. What if...

Another reason is really just a personal longing that I have had for a while to not worry about what the heck I was writing. Even here in the blogs, even with the varied subjects, I have been less than forthcoming. Facebook made it really obvious what social influences were doing to my writing. I thought about a personal blog accessed only by me but that really seems like bowling alone in Antartica with the doors locked.

So, here we are. If you have stumbled into my bowling alley and feel like a game, let's bowl. If you still follow me on Facebook and my other blogs...well, yes, that is also a part of me. Facebook looks successful in a number of ways for the grand experiment that it is. But ever since I was a young man I was conflicted with the joy I found in being in the company of great writers versus the need to be out playing football with my friends. I might want to watch William F. Buckley on television, when no one else in my sphere would have even thought of this. I longed for the depth but found that social integration was just as important to a healthy mind.

It is late. I slept most of the day. But I really need to sleep on a regular schedule, so I must go. I will finish this later, no, never. The end of this blog will hopefully be the day I am no longer able to type it in. Welcome, by the way...





No comments:

Post a Comment